Ahead of the highly anticipated COP26 summit this week, the UK government has launched its latest strategy for net zero and to lead the world in ending our contribution to climate change.
The UK has already taken bold steps towards net zero, including bringing forward the end of sales of new petrol and diesel cars to 2030 and have committed to over £12 billion of domestic green investment since March 2020.
The strategy sets out how we will make historic transitions to remove carbon from our power, retire the internal combustion engine from our vehicles and start to phase out gas boilers from our homes.
Heat and buildings
- By 2035, no new gas boilers will be sold.
- A new £450 million three-year Boiler Upgrade Scheme will see households offered grants of up to £5,000 for low-carbon heating systems so they cost the same as a gas boiler now.
- A new £60 million Heat Pump Ready programme that will provide funding for pioneering heat pump technologies and will support the government’s target of 600,000 installations a year by 2028.
- A new zero-emission vehicle mandate to improve consumer choice to deliver the 2030 commitment to end the sale of new petrol and diesel cars, and 2035 commitment that all cars must be fully zero emissions capable.
- Further funding of £620 million for zero emission vehicle grants and EV Infrastructure, including further funding for local EV Infrastructure, with a focus on local on street residential charging.
- Allocating a further £350 million of our up to £1 billion Automotive Transformation Fund (ATF) to support the electrification of UK vehicles and their supply chains.
Extended Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) will allow landlord, housing providers, small accommodation businesses such as B&Bs, campsites, as well as commercially let properties for staff or fleet use of current or future business tenants to apply for more or new funding.
With a range of charging solutions available including standard 3 phase, fast and rapid, Energise Energy Solutions can provide full end to end workplace solutions for SME’s, Fleet, public and large-scale, nationwide projects.
Fureproof your business with commercial electric vehicle charge points and claim up to £14,000 OZEV funding towards your installation. Read more: https://www.energise.energy/installations/ev-commercial-installation/